“Eyebrows are the most important facial feature. All angles of the face are determined by the brows: they can lift the eyes; narrow or widen the face.”
Not all women are endowed with that perfect brow and so most of us would resort to tweezing our own brows which is a tedious task indeed or for some, a visit to a salon to get the job done right away. Nevertheless, it seems as though as if something is lacking or something is not right…
This post will talk about ways in which how we can be able to determine what eyebrow shape would suit our facial structures.
Ready? Here we go
1. DETERMINE YOUR FACE SHAPE
Knowing your face shape is the first step
to creating your most beautiful look…..
… Kevyn Aucoin – celebrity makeup artist famous for his stunning transformations
There Are Six Basic Face Shapes
Oval Face Shape
- forehead is wider than the chin
- prominent cheekbones
- face gracefully tapers to a narrow oval chin
- face is almost as wide as it is long
- face is widest at the cheeks
- forehead, cheekbones and jawline are all about the same width
- can tend to have a prominent chin
- has an elongated appearance
- forehead, cheekbones and jawline all about the same width
- squared jawline is the most obvious feature
- not as common as the other face shapes
- typically the face is highly angular
- the forehead is somewhat short
- the face is widest at the temples
Still not sure? – A simple test
- Measure the length of your face with a ruler. (In this case the total length of the face is 8).
- Divide the total length by 3. (In this case 8 divided by 3 is 2.67 or 2 2/3).
- Measure the length from the bottom of your nose to the bottom of your chin. (in this case 2 1/3),
- If the last number (the 2 1/3 number) is larger than the first number (the 2 2/3) than chances are you have a long face.
- If the last number is less than the first number than chances are you have a round face.
- If the last number is equal to the first number than chances are you have an oval face
2. FIND THE BEST BROW FOR YOUR SHAPE
* Oval Shape
> This is considered the ideal face shape. The brows play no role in making the face appear “more oval” -it already is oval.
>The “perfect” brow shape is generally considered to be the soft angled shape. This is in fact our most popular stencil shape, and works beautifully with an oval shape.
> Make a round face appear less round by making the face appear longer.